Just heard from the doctor. This coming Monday at 10:30 I need to report at the Hospital. They will do a endobrochial procedure for this biopsy. This means that I will brought under a bit (no total anesthetic) and through my throat they will get down in between my lungs some how. By using xrays they will know here they are and find the tissue they need.
The doctor asked me to call the oncology ward desk to make an appointment with him on the 20th for the results. Why didn’t he make that appointment already when he called?
I am not happy about this. Or better; I don’t have a good feeling about this. When i had my initial biopsy, which they did with needle, it was already pretty tricky for them to get the tissue. And Theo was pretty big as you might remember. Now they are going in for 1 of 5 spots which lit up in the PET CT. How do I know that they can do that? The spots don’t show up on an xray. And they cant interpret a PET CT scan well (my onc doesn’t even know what SUV values are). So how good will the biopsy be and will they also be able to make a good diagnosis with the biopted tissue?
As for planing. Monday I have a major client appointment which sucks to move. But that’s ok. Yet Thursday is really tricky. At 11 Lori will leave for the States. And at 2 PM the VRMevent starts which I initiated. I already made sure that it can be done without me, but still.
Tomorrow I will get the letter from my onc to send to Dr. Einhorn so that is going but timing wise is to late.
I wonder if I am fighting ‘reality’ or if this whole thing is going the wrong direction and I should take control more. Maybe Dr. Einhorns knowledge can prevent a whole lot of unnecessary process.
UPDATE: Just called Dr Einhorn to see if he is in. He is out of town and will be back tomorrow. Tomorrow (Friday) I will call the OLVG to postpone my procedure planned this Monday till I have consulted Dr Einhorn. Tomorrow I will send him my email including my oncologists letter describing my case.