Theo shrunk to approximately 4 by 6 centimeters. Its not gone yet but one its way out. Next step is a PET scan to see how active the remaining tissue is. If it’s not active then watchful waiting remains. If it is active then action might be taken. Either watchful waiting, radiation or surgery.
The PET will be done by the AMC the major hospital in the area. When it will take place will determined by them later. In the mean time we will book our vacation in the first week of October. If the plan the PET scan then we will reschedule the PET scan.
I also discussed my lack of deep breath, sore throat and nails that are falling off. For all problems he didn’t have a real solution. It’s part of the chemo he said. I guess he is right.
He also said that there were some blemishes on my lungs on the first scan. To small to determine what they are and if they had been something then the chemo would care of it, which it did. That annoyed me a bit. I would have liked to know before hand.
The last scan showed some other inconsistencies in my lungs. This is due to the Bleomicyn. That effects your lungs. Not happy with that either. But I had no choice, and now I have slightly damaged lungs.
I don’t know yet what I feel about all this. The news is as expected though. Oh, well we’ll see. I expect to know where I am at in two months or so. In the mean time waiting remains. For the rest I will try not to think about it all to much and gain my strength back, have fun and become useful again. Thats much more fun. Pebbels will help.