I like to prepare. For vacations, for presentations, for any thing. I enjoy doing it. Obviously my Boyscout days are still in me. See my packing list for my 2001 bike trip with Lori to France here. Its pretty detailed.
I made the following categories:
- Bodycare, as in tissues or hand creme
- Clothing, as in pyjama’s
- Entertainment, as in computers and books
- Support, as in visitors
Key for these things is not the reply on them 100%. And not get pissed if it all turns different. The actual experience will always be different from what you prepared for. But you also might be lucky.
Read on for the total list for now. Put your ideas and comments in the comment section.
- Non-invasive toothpaste and light toothbrush (you get mouth sores from the chemo and lots of light teeth cleaning helps)
- Hand cream (I have psoriasis on my hands)
- Tissues (to blow my nose)
- Hankerchiefs (when I loose my hair it also will be gone in my nose, which will then run continuously)
- Water bottle and cup (need to drink looooooooots!)
- My own soap, shampoo & aftershave
- Ear plugs
- Way cool Italian pyjama’s (got hem for this especially)
- Extra PJ bottoms
- Extra white t-shirts
- Jogging pants
- Slippers or crocs (got both)
- Socks (need to get the yellow heineken socks)
- Bath robe (just got a good italian one)
- Visiting Schedule (not as a rule but informative, so people know when is the best time)
- Gift Guidance.I dont care to much about flowers, especially if everybody is bringing these. So what could be a better concept so people who want to bring that really adds?
First idea is wine and beer for the party to be help when this is all over. Not sure if that is the main idea. Will get back on that though. Any thoughts? Put them in the comments.
- Mood indicator. Any easy indicator on al my channels and feeds to inform all who are interested on my physical and mental state. Different kinds of smileys for instance. Still to be designed.
- Twitter. need i say more?
- This Weblog. You there already!
- Gatekeeper. I have asked Jos Kok to fullfil this role. Until now not yet needed. But it might be. When it is a bit much for me and lori he will take over as gate keeper and communicator.
- Internet access (IMPORTANT!)
- Extension cord
- Macbook Pro
- Laptop charger
- iphone charger
- Headset with mic for ichat, skype and movies
- External HD, with as much on it as I want. And to fill up on request with media I think of while in the Hospital.
- TV series: 24, still havent seen the last 2 seasons
- Notebook, pen
- Books and magazines
- Lori and Freddy photo
- Easy bag to lug around stuff in the hospital